Migraine Coach Forum

Have an idea how Migraine Coach can better serve you? Lay it on us below. We’re here to support you in any way possible.

How can Migraine Coach be improved?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add Prophylactic med log feature

I take topimax daily. Trying to hone in on the right dose and figure out how to fix my migraines. Why is Topamax not listed under the medication section, it's a very common treatment? Is it because it's a prophylactic treatment and set a rescue treatment? And if so, can you integrate a prophylactic section into the app?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Anon – you can add any med you would like with a timestamp at any time by clicking the green plus button > Log Therapy Medication > Add Another Default Therapy Medication!

If it is within a Migraine duration, it will automatically be attached to that migraine.

I’m going to close this post. If you have any further questions regarding this recommendation reach out to us at support@welltodo.com and we’ll get you taken care of!

• A category for regular headaches that can be monitored to see if they form into a migraine

A tool for monitoring a regular headache that normal meds don't cure and turn into migraines. For instance I'll have a headache at night, take something and go to bed. I'll wake up around 3 am with a migraine and would like to see would could have possibly trigger that the day before

130 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

We’ve been speaking with many different users about this request and have found that the best way to address this request and to achieve what you are trying to achieve in this suggestion by using the “Custom Action” functionality.

I have added a "Adding custom “Actions” to your default list" to the Migraine Coach FAQ here: https://welltodo.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1187335

As always, let us know if you have other ideas / suggestions / features. We rely on feedback from users like you to keep improving Migraine Coach!

In your corner,

Chris

• Weather

Add category for weather. It would be great to be able to track weather patterns that may contribute to headaches

24 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Marcia hit it on the nose. Migraine coach already automatically tracks weather and attaches it to your migraines.

As you complete the Baseline Completion challenge Migraine Coach will start to give you weather Insights. The more you use Migraine Coach the more weather insights will be generated for you. Also, Insights will adjust if new / more complete data is added.

Hope this clears things up.

In your corner,

Chris

• 1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

We changed the way that information is organized and displayed with our app updates. Because of how Apple handles application view states; some cached information mismatches is causing freezing issues after you updated Migraine Coach.

To fix this issue:

1. Make sure you have added a email address to your profile by going into Migraine Coach Settings > Edit Profile.
            2. Delete Migraine Coach from your phone. (All your information is backed up in the cloud)
            3. Reinstall Migraine Coach from the app store
            4. Sign-in to Migraine Coach and grant app permissions.

That’s it!

If you have further issues, contact us via the “Send us a message” button located in Migraine Coach Settings > Get Help or send us an email at Support@welltodo.com and we’ll get back to you asap.

Also, in the future if you have issues. Shoot us a message via the above options and we can…

• Allow hourly input

Is it possible to check off items throughout the day? I would like to input my sleep time when I wake up, check off my caffeine after morning coffee, and log each food event as it happens.

73 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

As you all likely could tell. We’ve added this feature a few versions back! MC even automatically marks your daily check-in when an item you added corresponds with your check-in item!

• New update keeps crashing

Just updated the app and now it either crashes or gets a grey screen when I try to end the current migraine. LOVED this app until this. I had even upgraded for the monthly subscription one week ago. I may be needing to cancel that subscription if I am not going to be able to even do simple tasks with this app.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Update:

And… we’re back up….give the app a try now and if you’re still experiencing issues… shoot us a note at Support@welltodo.com and we’ll get you taken care of.

====

Hi!

This is really bad timing. We are experiencing server issues THIS MOMENT which is causing your error. It’s not the update.

So…you should just come back in a few hours and things will be back in working order.

Ping us at support@welltodo.com if you have more questions.

• More free options

I just got through the ENTIRE 60 day baseline challenge without realizing extra challenges could only come with a purchase of a very costly monthly or yearly subscription. I would like to continue my migraine journey as I feel like this has been helping, but I feel like I've hit a wall. Could there be a "light" version and then maybe more "premium" challenges available? Or even an unlocking system. The subscription is just too costly.

12 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We have considered a “unlocking” system, and may implement some version of one in the future. But, for the time being we need to have steady income through subscriptions until we can focus efforts on growing paid user base and dropping the price. Essentially, right now the price is set to make sure we can make enough not to fail as a small startup and then completely disappear, letting down our users. Also, we have a few projects in the works which would allow users to get access to premium features through their employer or physician. More on that at a later date!

By the way, you also can get a huge discount from the in-app price at:

https://welltodo.com/migraine-coach/subscribe/

• Paying

Let people know you need to pay money for this app. I am so disappointed in this app now.

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good morning!

We have put much consideration into what features are free and which aren’t. And believe we are offering a great service for free.

We clearly state in the apps description the distinctions between paid and free features. Perhaps we need to do a better job of that. Either way, thanks for reaching out.

Chris

• 4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We are tracking quite a long list of things from HealthKit and from other apps that play nicely on the HealthKit platform. You can see everything we have access to by going into the Settings app > Privacy > Health > Migraine.

Currently FitBit doesn’t sync its data with HealthKit.  FitBit and Apple got in a tussle over this when HealthKit first came out.

You can however use another app to sync your FitBit data to HealthKit and then Migraine Coach will have access to it. Check out Sync Solver on the App store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sync-solver-for-fitbit/id935306292?mt=8&uo=4

• Sleep Data Pulled from Healthkit is wrong

Health Kit says that I slept 5h 28m last night; Migraine Coach pulled in 2 hours, 30 min. Not good. Please fix this obvious bug

5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Customer Service

Is there a way to contact Welltodo to get problems with the app resolved, such as a Customer Service phone number, email, or chat? My app has stopped generating full reports - when I open the report, most of the fields are blank, so I can't see the data. It defeats the purpose of this app if I can't get the data properly exported!

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Laura-
                          If you go into the list icon in the top left of the app there is a section called Get Help where you can send us feedback/questions. You can also email support@welltodo.com.

As for this question about charts, we’re aware that some users are having this issue and we’re trying to get it fixed asap.
                          Cheers,
                          J

• There is no place for treatments like Botox -showing when you received it. Also reports that better detail out medication.

Having a way to log treatments like Botox, or the starting of a new preventative medication would help to see the effectiveness of the treatments.

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • It appears the days are off when syncing with health app.

It also doesn't sync the proper sleep time from health app

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anon,

The HealthKit data we show in the app reflects the time period from check-in to check-in. So it will be different than the “daily” calculation as reflected in the Health app and potentially others who define a ‘day’ in the traditional sense.

As for the sleep issue. This is a matter of how the sleep is being displayed and in how certain apps structure the “sleep” and “in-bed” data that is shared with HealthKit. In short, Migraine Coach is getting the correct data but displaying only part of that data.. We had to create a more nuanced calculation for display purposes which will be included in the next release.

Thanks for reaching out!

In your corner,

Chris

• Fix glitches in daily check ins

My daily check ins have been glitchy lately. Some days they won't show up at all, other days they have the wrong day of the week listed. I've tried closing and reopening but that hasn't helped.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Pre/Post Migraine Tracking

I would love a better way to track pre-migraine (aura) and post migraine (recovery). Ideally, if there was a way to log them as part of the migraine event, however indicating maybe on the severity by hour as pre-migraine (aura) or post (recovery). Also, it would be good to be able to list out symptoms for pre/post separate from migraine symptoms, as they can be different.
                                I can have pre-migraine symptoms for 1 day, the migraine for 1 day, and then post migraine/recovery symptoms for a third day - all with different symptoms, and all impacting my life in different…

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Admin →

In the next build you will be able to log treatments, medications, and any other actions you wish separate from a migraine. They will then be added to your history view and will be used in the migraine prediction and insight algorithms!

• Allow us to log tension headaches too

Keeping track of my tension headaches is often a good indicator of if/when I can anticipate a migraine and how severe it will be!

32 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We’ve been speaking with many different users about this request and have found that the best way to address this request and to achieve what you are trying to achieve in this suggestion by using the “Custom Action” functionality.

I have added a “Adding custom “Actions” to your default list” (which explains how to add a Low-intensity Headache) to the Migraine Coach FAQ here: https://welltodo.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1187335

As always, let us know if you have other ideas / suggestions / features. We rely on feedback from users like you to keep improving Migraine Coach!

In your corner,

Chris

• Make it more cost effective

For college students $15 is some serious pocket change and for many this is when migraines can be at their worst due to stress. I would have loved having this app to help figure out my triggers and control my migraines more. Almost positive my GPA would have been higher!

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Check ins

Hi! I am noticing that the app is skipping some of my daily check ins.

9 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Add/remove risk factors in daily assessment

I want to bring back some of the categories for the daily risk assessment (like my 'exercise' one went away and I feel that is important).

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Go into Settings > Check-In Items

Search for ‘exercise’ and click, flip to “On” or add it if it doesn’t exist!

If you’re having further troubles. Shoot us an email or go to Get Help > Send Us A Message to let us know and we’ll get back with you asap.

• Change severity table

I get headaches daily. My neurologist thinks they're migraines that linger. My current headache started 2793 hours ago (that's over 116 days! or almost 4 months!). I find it very difficult to edit the severity by hour when it doesn't show many days in general and it only says "Wednesday" but I have no idea which Wednesday. It would be nice if there was a better setup for longer migraines to change severity by hour or even by day.

31 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)